Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I Am Dead

I was hurt, bleeding like hell and every cell of my body was aching. Fatigue was getting the better of me and I was losing conciousness with every step I took. I had been stabbed on my left arm and there was plenty of bruises all over my body. I was finding it very difficult to run but I had no choice other than to run as my life was at stake. I was being chased by a gang of ruffians armed with dangerous weapons. I had no clue what so ever about where I was and where I was running to. I knew I can't run much longer as I was bleeding profusely and was running out of energy. I had to escape from these barbarians somehow. As I was planning a way to escape, I came across a big bungalow with a very large courtyard. I thought of giving those ruffians a slip by hiding inside that bungalow oblivious to the fact that the bungalow was those ruffian's hideout! I increased my pace and ran faster to evade the run pursuit. As I neared the bungalow, the courtyard seemed like what appeared to be a maze. With no second thoughts I entered it. Soon after I entered the maze, I found out that it was constructed with walls well over twenty feet in height on all sides. There were two paths, one led straight into the heart of the maze and the other, as far as I can see, traced a path along the circumference of the maze. I took the latter path.

I walked for about a minute or so and came across a six foot wall that marked the end of the path. I was walking slowly in order to catch my breath. I reached that six foot wall and was feeling confident that I was safe but horror struck once again as I found two of the five men who were chasing me on the other side of the wall. Both of them seemed unarmed and I was thinking of fighting my way past them but my body just wouldn't cooperate and I immediately thought of retreat. As I turned to retrace my path, I saw the remaining three ruffians charging towards me with spears in their hands. I knew I had to fight my way out of this mess. Fighting two men instead of three would definitely give me more chances of survival. Thinking so, I jumped over the six foot wall and ran towards the two thugs. They saw me and took out their clubs from behind a bush. One stood where he was and the other approached me with his club in hand, aimed for my head and gave a huge swing. I evaded his attack and directed a powerful kick towards his groin region. It connected and he was down on his knees the next second. I took his club and clobbered him. It was one down and four to go. Seeing his patner being assaulted, the secong thug came to save him. He went down in a similar fashion to his patner. By this time, the remaining three ruffians had jumped over the wall and were running towards me to maul me. Then suddenly, there came a voice "STOP" from behind me. I turned around and saw the head of the gang standing a few feet away pointing a gun at me. Before I could do anything, he triggered the gun shot and the bullet made a bore into my forehead. I fell on the ground and the message GAME OVER flashed all over the screen! I was in no mood to start it all over again as I had already been at it for hours. I decided to watch a movie instead.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

CANT EVEN PLAY A GAME PROPERLY... BIG SPIT!!

Anonymous said...

excellent post with a twist in the climax.you are a good narrator and i wouldnt be surprised if you ended up as a story writer or a director some day.

Laxman.M said...

u gave a build up as if u r fighting in a war... building strong basement weak... anyway i like ur approach... try ur hand in film-making...

Anonymous said...

damn...........ur blog sounded like a rip off from vijays movie.......anyway this had a reasonable end.......keep the gud work.........deal with controversial topics

Ganesh Prabhu said...

@Prince Of Persia aka Venkat
There is no chance in hell one can win every game he plays. Me losing the game doesn't imply I can't play a game properly. It was just one of those days where winning was not on the cards for me.

@Pooja
Thanks and thus far I have no intensions of venturing myself into the cine field.

@Sanju aka Laxman
Thanks and a big NO to cinema.

@Rajesh
Thanks a lot for dropping by and posting your comment.

@Aswin Kumar
Thanks a lot for dropping by and posting your comment.

Anonymous said...

hey that was a pretty good narration..gave a nice reading..u losing the game made u post this..good that u lost the game.. ;)

Anonymous said...

hey it was really good!
the way u narrated was super!
i think ur using three days leave effectively!!!:-)

raghav said...

Machi, superb story da. At first i thought that you are narrating a story from some Vijay's movie. But U have given a damn superb ending which very few could have imagined.. Great guns..

Ganesh Prabhu said...

@Lavanya
Thanks for reading my blog and posting your comment.

@Sridevi
Yeah I'm indeed using my three days leave effectively. I like to spen my time sleeping, eating, going out with friends, watching movies, playing games and being vetti. Thanks for dropping by and posting your comment.

@Raghav
I wrote this blog post making sure that it had an unlikely ending. Thanks for reading my blog and posting your comment.

Srinath said...

First of all,i never thought u could be a good blogger,but actually you are.The right usage of words were commendable,and what i felt is your blog can be a shorter one with more small sentences.Then i went through about that murphy blog..i personally feel that the wrong number always goes in and not get engaged..what you said was after only the wrong number is engaged and hes not bothered,but murphy says the wrong number always go at the first time..Your "i am dead" blog,i was startled at last,Good one.Continue blogging,waiting for your next (Thriller)blog.

karthik said...

manirathinathiyae minjeetada ............................

danas said...

simple theme made great.hollywood effect.

Ganesh Prabhu said...

@Srinath
Thanks for your comment. Yor are going to wait for my next blog eh? I think it'll be a long wait. :D

@Karthik
Thanks for reading my blog and posting your comment.

@Danas
Thanks for reading my blog and posting your comment.

Anonymous said...

do u have that game??i think it is stay alive....U better become a story writer..

Unknown said...

well narrated da.......good work
i think u r highly inspired stay alive.......
narriya game villiyada thana kekariya...

Priya Balakrishnan said...

cool narration yaar....yenna than movie effect irunthalum, intha single hero 5 villan concepta vidamudiyatha ;)

Raghuveeran said...

ozunga valedamatte loosu...

Ganesh Prabhu said...

@Manoj
No I don't have that game. I played it online. It is not stay alive. I don't know what my future holds for me. I might very well become a story writer.

@Koti
Why don't you guys leave stay alive out of this. The game and stay alive were just a coincidence.

@Pri
Hey the game was designed that way.

@Rghuveeran
nan ozhunga valayadale, game dhan valayadinen. :D

Krishna said...

When i saw the title i knw there was a mokkai waiting at the end. But i must give u the credit for a different mokkai(which didnt strike me). The fact that u watch a lot of english movies these days is evident in your narration style. DejaVu ah?? My story .........
"I turned around and saw the head of the gang standing a few feet away pointing a gun at me. I stood there frozen. He was about to pull the trigger. I closed my eyes muttering my last prayers. A gun shot was heard. There was blood on my face. I opened my eyes to see the gang leaders brain shattered into pieces. I turned back and before i could react a bullet hit me. I feel down, loosing conscience quickly. I heard two more gun shots before I blacked out. "The next round starts in 10 seconds" Blinked on my monitor. "Dei panni pathu adu da", was the message i got from the terminal next to me.

HAPPYS ENDINGS.....

Krishna
www.devilzadvocate.wordpress.com

P.S. Don say thanks for reading my blog and posting comments. It has become a sort of monotone.

Ganesh Prabhu said...

@Krishna
You got scoldings from a computer? Stupid boy.

Alliteration in a poem adds beauty to it. Monotones in my blog are for the same purpose too.

So thanks for reading my blog and posting yor comment.

Krishna said...

@Ganesh
Ragnarok ka konjam nenaichu paaru. U will understand how u will get scoldings from computer. Hayyo hayyo. MONOTONES.........

KP
www.devilzadvocate.wordpress.com

Ganesh Prabhu said...

@Krishna

Think about the game ragnarok properly.In ragnarok, computer never scolds. Hyyo Hyyo.