Sunday, August 17, 2008

Funny Moments In Flat

1. I was studying in fifth standard when this incident (more of an accident) happened. School was closed for dasara. It was the first day of dasara vacation and we (Karthik, Adithya and I) decided to play individual cricket as early as 7:30 in the morning. I heaved the bat high and gave a it huge swing at the very first ball I faced. The trajectory of the ball traced a nice, smooth, curvilinear path and landed on the terrace of the neighbouring flat. As per our rules, the one who hits the ball out of the flat is supposed to go fetch it. So in order to get the ball, I climbed on the parapet wall adjoining the two buildings. From there, I climbed on top of their car shed and from there, reached the terrace. I saw the ball, took it and threw it into my flat. So far, so good. Then suddenly, when I was about to leave, I heard the sound of the terrace door being unlocked. I didn't know what to do and went and sat on the parapet wall (I still don't know why I did that). I was trembling with fear and the moment I saw the flat owner come into my line of sight, I jumped off the parapet wall. I had an awkward landing and on hitting the ground, I went flying into the opposite house almost bringing down the door along with me. X-rays revealed hair line fracture in both heels and I was forbidden from playing outdoor games for three months. This wasn't funny back then.

2. Adithya dialed Naidu Hall's number and ordered two bhel puris!

3. Karthik shifted to a new flat few blocks away from my flat. One day, after shifting to the new house, Karthik came to visit his old flat friends. He came via his bicycle. He parked his bicycle in his usual place and was standing in the first floor balcony waiting for his brother, Adithya. When Adithya came, he asked Karthik, where their bicycle was. Karthik said he had kept it in it's usual place. Adithya said it was not there in the usual place. After a few minutes, they realised that their bicycle had been stolen. Then came the funny part. Karthik said "Nammo cycle ah orthan ottittu pordha nan pathen. Ada, namba cycle madriye oru cycle avan vechurukan nu nenaichuten!(I saw a guy riding our bicycle but I thought he had an exactly similar bicycle!)".

4. One sunday, few of my school friends came to my house. We decided to play a prank on someone. We unanimously choose to have Bharath as the victim. The following phone conversation happened between Arun and Bharath.
Arun: Hello, nange sun tv lendhu pesarom. Oru pudhu quiz show aaramichurukom. nange moonu kelvi kepom. Adhukku neenge correct ah bathil sollitenga na, aayiram rubai ungalukku parisa kudukka padum.(Hello, we are calling from sun tv. We have started a new quiz program. We'll ask you three questions and if you answers them right, you'll win a cash prize of rs 1000.)
Bharath: Ok.
Arun: Ungalukkana mudhal kelvi. Tamil Nattin thalai nagaram edhu?(Here is your first question. What is the capital of Tamil Nadu?)
Bharath: Chennai.
Arun: Seriyana bathil. Inum rendu kelvikku bathil sonna, aayiram rubai ungalukku. Rendhavadhu kelvi, Doctor aagarthukku enna padikanum?(That's the right answer. Just two questions seperate you and the thousand rupees. Here is your second question. What must one study to become a doctor?)
Bharath: M.B.B.S.
Arun: Seriyana bathil. Kadaisi kelvi, pulli raja ku aids varuma?(That's the right answer. Here is you last question. Will pulli raja get aids?)
Bharath: Enna sir ippilam kekarenge(Why are you asking me questions like this?)
Arun: Seri appo ungalukku varuma?(Ok then tell me whether you'll get it or not).
Bharath realised that it was a prank call only then and hung up the call.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

humourous blog da

Anonymous said...

dei remember, we told suck it to kumaresan's father thinkin it was kumaresan :P

MM said...

nice dude keep going...